How I choose my behavior in response to ongoing COVID pandemic
Here's how I'm assessing and choosing my behavioral response to the ongoing bizarre stew of viral variations facing us. I ask myself:
- Is my behavior rooted in staying on top of objective research reporting (as best I can) rather than in a cousin’s friend’s uncle’s Facebook posts?
- Example: Long COVID findings
- Am I emphasizing awareness over denial?
- Am I emphasizing concern for others over placating/satiating my ego?
- Am I choosing behavior that’s failsafe? (an engineering design imperative that in case of failure, design must default to safest outcome rather than a damaging outcome)
See also Precautionary principle.